"I wish Stuart all the best with his British Isles Challenge journey and fundraising efforts. It may not be an expedition to the ends of the earth, but the venture brings its own very real challenges, and will certainly test him to the limits. I would urge anyone to support the trip as much as possible"

Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE - Nominal Patron

Monday 27 July 2009

A sport-tastic weekend!

I quite like this blog, so I'm going to keep writing ramblings on here until I run out of things to say...

This country has been busy achieving in the field of sporting endevour this weekend, with Lewis Hamilton returning to the podium after a disastrous first half of the F1 season, Mark Cavendish destroying the competition to win on the Champs-Elysees and Bradley Wiggins finishing 4th in the Tour de France.

The main arena of athletic excellence this weekend however, was of course the Pudsey 10k. It was hard! As I said before I wasn't sure whether the challenge would have made me fitter or just knackered, and it seems to have done both. I was certainly stronger, and quicker than a lot of people up the hills and down rocky descents, but on the flat I was rubbish. I had hoped for under 40 minutes, but ended up with 42:27. I'm not sure what place that is yet, maybe around 30th-ish.

Lakeland 100 is now only a few days away. This will be the equal longest distance race I have ever done (unless I get lost), and probably the longest time at around 30 hours. I'm not really sure what will happen, but it's going to be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment