"I wish Stuart all the best with his British Isles Challenge journey and fundraising efforts. It may not be an expedition to the ends of the earth, but the venture brings its own very real challenges, and will certainly test him to the limits. I would urge anyone to support the trip as much as possible"

Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE - Nominal Patron

Thursday 16 July 2009

Back to the real world...

I got back home last night, so today I am mostly be sorting stuff and washing 24-days worth of stink out of my clothes!

Thanks to Lorna and Gray for blogging in my absence, not sure I can match their journalistic talents but nevermind. I've attached some pictures below which at the current rate should be worth 10,000 words.

In summary I didn't quite achieve what I had planned to, mainly because of the cost of transporting the Ocean rowing boat to Scotland, but I'm happy with what I did. I'll add up the mileage properly over the next few days but it's something like 1200 miles in total, about 20 of which were not by human power, from Pednasthine Head (Isles of Scilly) to Brough Head (Orkney Islands) via the 3 Peaks, Derwent Water, Loch Linhe, Loch Oich, and about three-quarters of Loch Ness.

The main thing now is to raise as much money as possible for NSPCC, Avert AIDS and Water for Kids. I'm hoping to produce a little DVD made from the videos I recorded on route to help with this.

Thank you very much to everyone who donated, helped or supported. At the risk of sounding emotional, I couldn't have done it without you!













1 comment:

  1. Well done Stu - a great effort and a true runfurther, bikefurther, kayakfurther, swimfurther experience.
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete