"I wish Stuart all the best with his British Isles Challenge journey and fundraising efforts. It may not be an expedition to the ends of the earth, but the venture brings its own very real challenges, and will certainly test him to the limits. I would urge anyone to support the trip as much as possible"

Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE - Nominal Patron

Thursday 11 June 2009

10 days to go!

Not long now! I'm not sure everything is ready yet, but plans are falling into place I think. Last weekend I did my last race before the challenge - the LAMM, held this year up in Kintail. Wil and I had a great time, and did ok on the B course. We had hoped to do a bit better but a disastrous journey up there the night before didn't help. Still, the weather was the best in the country, we (Wil) navigated perfectly, and ran pretty well, and had much immature fun as ever. As much as I am excited about the challenge it was also nice to forget organising for a while!

A number of people have been very generous and helpful so far this week, so thank you to...

Robin Hood Watersports of Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire (www.roho.co.uk) for their help with some Sea Kayak safety gear.

Scilly Isles Travel (www.islesofscilly-travel.co.uk) for their help with travel on the Scillionian III.

There have also been a few more newspaper and magazine articles recently, in the Yorkshire Evening Post, Pudsey Today and, I believe, the Air Conditioning Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment