"I wish Stuart all the best with his British Isles Challenge journey and fundraising efforts. It may not be an expedition to the ends of the earth, but the venture brings its own very real challenges, and will certainly test him to the limits. I would urge anyone to support the trip as much as possible"

Sir Ranulph Fiennes OBE - Nominal Patron

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Talks

The challenge is winding down now... About £3500 has been raised, with a bit more to come in the next few weeks. I gave a couple of talks last week, one to my old Scout group (1st Great Ayton) and one to the Vasque Ultrarunning end-of-series party in the Lake District. Both went well and the Vasque one seemed to get a pretty good response! If anyone watched that one and wants to make a donation the links are here...

www.justgiving.com/britishisleschallenge_water
www.justgiving.com/britishisleschallenge_aids
www.justgiving.com/britishisleschallenge_nspcc

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of what you took on alone, Stuart. I was very impressed by your talk at the Vasque Runfurther party. I've just donated, split equally between your three charities.

    Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,

    Thank you very much for your generous donation. I'm glad you enjoyed the talk and well done on your Grand Slam!

    See you at a race,
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete